Sunday 20 November 2011

Thanks to the Akhal-Teke

The declaration of frustration in my last post worked. Eventually, in the one-step-forward-and-two-back method, that last confrontation between hero and heroine took form and evolved into reconciliation. It took a few unusual props to get them there.

                                   The first was this magnificent Akhal-Teke horse.

The coat on this breed of horse has a bloom. As on this fine fellow, it shines so much it looks like metal. These horses originate from the deserts of Turkmenistan. Their coats act as camouflage in the shimmering desert heat. Prized for their beauty as well as their strength and skill, they are known as the Heavenly Horses.

                  The second prop was a ruby pendant, made in the Ottoman style.


And the final detail, to please other senses, was the song of the nightingales.



                  




3 comments:

  1. Wish it was a valley full of nightingales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,I found you because of the Akhal- Teke .It is a wonderful horse. I am from Venezuela as you can see my english is not good. I would like to follow you in your blog.I have a blog too the name is:
    elizabeth-marengoalhajas.blogspot.com
    PD I really like Jane Austen too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth. Your English is fine and I hope you will follow my blog. I'll look for yours now. Yes, the Akhal-teke is so beautiful and apparently is very strong and very loyal to one master. In the story I just wrote, the hero's brother has an Akhal-teke and now I'll make this man [and his horse, called Zephyre] the hero of my next regency tale.

      Delete